The Library of Dreams
Vil du reagere på denne meldingen? Registrer deg på forumet med noen få klikk eller logg inn for å fortsette.

Introduce Yourself

2 posters

Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce Yourself

Poste by Draumande Romvesen Ons Okt 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Hello newbies.

Welcome to The Library of Dreams. I hope you feel welcome here. Feel free to introduce yourself! Who are you, what are your interests? You are free to tell a little about yourself, or stay anonymous/unknown/whoever you are comfortable being. Every answer is accepted as long as it is relevant to the questions and theme of thread. You can represent yourself in whatever way preferable.

The Library of Dreams is a simple forum where you can discuss several topics such as MBTI, Enneagram, dreams, literature, art, poetry, philosophy, religion and so on. Several more topics will come and feel free to come with suggestions of topic - or create your own thread in the topics already existing.

Stick to the categories so we know what to expect when we enter a thread. And most importantly; be openminded. flower

Sist endret av Draumande Romvesen den Tor Okt 09, 2014 12:14 am, endret 1 gang
Draumande Romvesen
Draumande Romvesen
Admin

http://draumanderomvesen.tumblr.com/

Til Toppen Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Re: Introduce Yourself

Poste by forlorn sleepwalker Ons Okt 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Heylo.
Does feel like a welcoming place, thank you.

The easier part to explain is that I like to spend my time playing games (mostly fantasy role-playing games on the computer), watching shows (mostly Japanese animation) and nothing in particular. Reading and going into nature for exercise and wonder has become an increasingly significant part of my life. Unless my mind desires serenity, I fill in audial void by listening to music, usually relating to heavy metal and hard rock.

Who I am, on the other side, is far too difficult for me to answer. Every time I try to think of this, it feels like I'm looking inside my mentality to find an aspect of myself to hold onto, yet it slips between my fingers like sand. Most people don't require a profound answer, so I usually trick others, and perhaps myself, by stating my hobbies when they ask about me, as if I am what I do. I'm not sure I have a deep core like many seem to possess... I do have interests and hobbies, I do bond with people, and I do wish to protect that which I love. However, I can't help but feel like another child of nothing. Acknowledging destined universal void, yet not prematurely becoming part of it. Some people do things for the results they bring, I want to enjoy the ride that leads to the result. While a friend would pay me to give him a top-level character in a video game, I just want to have fun while getting to the goal instead of reaching it empty and unhappy.

A bit abstract explanation, perhaps, but I feel like an abstract person, if that expression makes sense to anyone but me.

Sist endret av forlorn sleepwalker den Tor Okt 09, 2014 12:05 am, endret 2 ganger
forlorn sleepwalker
forlorn sleepwalker

Til Toppen Go down

Poste by Draumande Romvesen Ons Okt 08, 2014 9:46 pm

forlorn sleepwalker skrev:Heylo.
Does feel like a welcoming place, thank you.

The easier part to explain is that I like to spend my time playing games (mostly fantasy role-playing games on the computer), watching shows (mostly Japanese animation) and nothing in particular. Reading and going into nature for exercise and wonder has become an increasingly significant part of my life. Unless my mind desires serenity, I fill in audial void by listening to music, usually relating to heavy metal and hard rock.

Who I am, on the other side, is far too difficult for me to answer. Every time I try to think of this, it feels like I'm looking inside my mentality to find an aspect of myself to hold onto, yet it slips between my fingers like sand. Most people don't require a profound answer, so I usually trick others, and perhaps myself, by stating my hobbies when they ask about me, as if I am what I do. I'm not sure I have a deep core like many seem to possess... I do have interests and hobbies, I do bond with people, and I do wish to protect that which I love. However, I can't help but feel like another child of nothing. Acknowledging destined universal void, yet not prematurely becoming part of it. Some people do things for the results they bring, I want to enjoy the ride that leads to the result. While a friend would pay me to give him a top-level character in a video game, I just want to have fun while getting to the goal instead of reaching it empty and unhappy.

A bit abstract explanation, perhaps, but I feel like an abstract person, if that expression makes sense to anyone but me.

Hello, forlown sleepwalker, and welcome to The Library of Dreams. flower

I must say your introduction is quite interesting. You are very welcome here and I appreciate any input you must have on several topics - if you find yourself to have any. Welcome!
Draumande Romvesen
Draumande Romvesen
Admin

Til Toppen Go down

Poste by forlorn sleepwalker Tor Okt 09, 2014 12:06 am

Thank you, Draumande Romvesen! How about an introduction yourself?
forlorn sleepwalker
forlorn sleepwalker

Til Toppen Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty In the eternal search of who I am

Poste by Draumande Romvesen Tor Okt 09, 2014 12:28 am

Hello.

My username in here is Draumande Romvesen. In the ‹‹real›› world, I am someone else; a human being with a human name. I do not feel like a human being though, I feel strange and like I don't belong to this world. I dream of escaping to the world of dreams, which has become an almost unhealthy obsession in my heart. I am in love with many different things in this world; the Moon, Saturn, Neptune, art (painting, drawing and writing) and philosophising. I prefer being alone most of the time with my own activities. My favourite book is Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky - the strangest, most captivating work of words I have ever read. Another book I love is a short story by Dostoyevsky; The Dream of a Ridiculous Man. I have read it several times. I think I will post it in the literature thread. :3

The search of who I am continues both in the world of dreams and the life on planet Earth. I do not understand myself, yet I seek to gain full understanding of who I am. I know I cannot know anything for sure, as a final truth - is there such things as a final, ultimate truth? - but the quest will never let go of my heart and head. I can't stop wondering where I really come from, why I am really here and what I am supposed to do here. I long to leave Earth forever. Is death the only way? (I must write of this subject in the philosophy thread later.)

In general, I would say I am dreamy, weird, childish and sometimes very serious. I write a lot of diaries and I often feel nostalgic. I am quite shy and tries to avoid humans I do not know very well. I hope this was a proper introduction.
Draumande Romvesen
Draumande Romvesen
Admin

Til Toppen Go down

Poste by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Til Toppen Go down

Til Toppen

Permissions in this forum:
Du kan ikke svare på temaer i dette forumet